On Sunday I shared the stage with popular local soprano, Lee-Ann Haw k es, at an open -air performance in Candie G ardens , St Peter Port. Lee-Ann captivat ed a n appreciative audience with a selection of classical arias while I read two sets of poems, taken mainly from my Stone Witness collection , and later signed copies in the shop at Candie Museum. I'm happy to report that Stone W itness continues to sell extremely well , b o th on line and through a number of local outlets. One of the poems that I read was the ever-popular Requiem fo r a Gambler , which you can find below . Photo by Jane Mosse REQUIEM FOR A GAMBLER All that you owned when at your peak, with business buzzing like a hive, was squandered on a losing streak while, hopelessly, hope stayed alive. No game of chance could you forgo: you’d kiss the dice for one more throw. Slow horses, greyhounds half asleep, the Poker games you always lost, the endless nights you got in deep with fools who...
Comments
Post a Comment